Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Reflections on The Superkids Programme

It was a tiring but meanful 3 days. I want to thank our school for arranging this for us. I can see alot of people being 'transformed' and becoming motivated and enpowered. What touches me most are the group of 'famous' students going up on stage and promising the teachers that they will not cause any more trouble and will do their best for their PSLE. I have known some of them since P1 and am therefore very glad that they had their breakthoughs.

For myself, I was too shy to go on stage for something so personal. That does not mean that my resolve is any less. It is time to dig in and stake everything I have to fight for what I want.

I am aware of my own short comings. The trainers have thought us various strategies which will help. They have given us motivational talks, they have made us laugh and they have made us cry. It has been like an emotional rollercoaster.

To be honest, I have heard what they said before. Many times. From Miss Chia and from my mother. The message and lessons are consistent. I am sure that I am not unique in this. I am sure alot of my friends have their parents telling them different versions of the same thing we had in the last three days. So what is the differce that when trainers came we have so many breakthoughs while teacher have been bashing her head to help us to no avail.

I thought about it, definitely not any failing on our teacher's part. We are lucky to have a passionate and caring teacher. I think partly because of the humour. Partly, it is because the trainers are not stressed because whether we do well or not does not really effect them. So we don't feel the pressure from them. Partly, let's face it, because we paid for the lesson so we listened better. My mother always joke with me that if I paid her tuition fee, I would pay more attention when she teaches me. How true. Mostly, I think it is because the whole group of us are sitting there, expecting to learn and benefit from the course. So we did. That, I think is the main reason. OUR ATTITUDE towards learning make us more able to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you write more? I would love to hear your thoughts. You have very interesting points of views. Share more...pls

    ReplyDelete